Sunday, September 9, 2018

Golden Gate Park!

             This weekend, I travelled to Golden Gate Park with my family and dog, and we went up Strawberry Hill. It's so cool! There are all these paths to get up to the very top. Some paths turn steeply upward, some have a gradual incline, some paths are shadowy, and some paths are sweet and bright with lots of flowers. I love all the birds and squirrels and trees that shake as the breeze comes by. It's really amazing how all these different species live so close together.
             So, my family and I went up the path that seemed the easiest to hike. We all got to see the lake water sparkling below us, and I thought it was an interesting thing to see. Who knew water could sparkle so much? As we climbed higher and higher, the expanse below us grew larger and more lovely. 
They grow into lovely butterflies!
             When we reached the top, it was really magnificent. We could look down and see lots of things. I thought it was awesome. There was also a tree that had fallen down, and we got to climb on it. My dog loved that! The trunk was worn smooth from people climbing on it, but there was a little bit of bark left that we could look at.

             When we walked back down the hill again, my dad pointed out some leaves where he had seen a pipevine swallowtail caterpillar before. I have added his photo of it in here, because it looks so bizarre! We looked up what they looked like later, and they are so beautiful! 
             I enjoyed the Golden Gate Park a lot. It was so breathtaking! I hope I get to go there again soon. Maybe then I will get to see my own pipevine swallowtail caterpillar someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment