Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Sorting Hat Project

             I did a MachineLearningForKids project recently with a Harry Potter theme.  I titled it "Sorting Hat" and it was designed to sort quotes into different Hogwarts houses. I took a lot of quotes from the Harry Potter book series and sorted them into different bins based on who said each quote, using the worksheet I downloaded. The bins were Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin.  
            It was difficult to find really self defining quotes, though. Especially for Slytherin, when so much of the things the Slytherins say are mean. I'm sure there are plenty of really good quotes in the books, it's just that  different people say the same things in different situations.
             After I waited a minute for the project to finish training, I went onto Scratch and used the blocks according the directions. I loved the part where I could draw my own sorting hat. I liked how I could paint it just how I wanted it. It was super delightful.
             The programming for this project went fairly smoothly, though. My project worked better than I thought it would, recognizing some super difficult quotes. I hope I get to do more things like it super soon, because I love the challenge the Artificial Intelligence brings! 
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment