Sunday, September 9, 2018

To The Beach!

             My family and I went to a beach recently. I think it was called Moss Beach, (Fitzgerald marine reserve) and I think it was wonderful. There were so many hermit crabs, and what looked like pebbles on rocks were actually small sea snails with shells so small that I couldn't see the lovely curve until I got really close to them and had a long look. 
             And there were tidepools! Small pools  of seawater with all sorts of marine life within them. Sure, there were hermit crabs and snails, but lots of other things too! There were mussels and all sorts of other creatures I didn't even know the names of!
             And, of course, there was moss. Moss draping across every rock, shell and boulder. It was everywhere! Soft, squishy moss to make up for the harder sand. Delightful green moss hiding in every tidepool, cold from the sea waves splashing on it.
             The waves were great, too. They liked to splash on me, whether I tried to hide from them or not. They rippled and curved beautifully, cool to the touch but not too cold. The beach was full of delight and wonder. 
             Sometimes it was difficult to tell whether a snail or a hermit crab lived in a shell, but I could tell the moment the creature started moving. Hermit crabs move faster, and they aren't as graceful. Sea snails are slow but more graceful, not wobbling side to side when they move. 
             I absolutely loved this beach! I would highly recommend it to  anyone who loves sea creatures! (And, of course, moss!) This place was the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment