Saturday, September 1, 2018

My Dog Project


              I finished another project on the MachineLearningForKids site and I think it was really awesome. I got to use pictures of my dog for it! I have added some pictures of him here that I used. (In my project, I used a lot more pictures than this. I have only added the clearest pictures of my dog, Buddy.) I am super excited to write about this project!
             This project was titled Face Lock. The purpose of my creation was to create a project on Scratch that has a virtual phone ( That was drawn on as a sprite) that locks or unlocks based on whether on not the computer recognizes the face. I used pictures of my dog instead of my own face, because it was way more fun that way. 
             So anyway, I started the project by downloading a worksheet  and training the computer. I made two bins, one called "Granted" and the other called "Denied". I already had a lot of pictures of Buddy on my mom's phone, (Dad had me take them ahead of time) so I uploaded it onto my computer. Next, I squashed them all onto this blog page, then into the "Granted" bin. (Because MachineLearningForKids wouldn't let me just put them in the "Granted" bin directly. I was supposed to use web cam for that part, but my dad already had me take the pictures and I didn't want to waste them.) When I didn't need the images anymore, I took most of them off. 
             I really enjoyed filling up the denied bin. I chose a variety on images, creatures that looked similar to Buddy, and those who didn't. I really liked doing that, because I could use whatever images I wanted to. After I finished training the computer, I went on Scratch and used the Face Lock template (As the instructions said). Then I added some code blocks to make the program work. 
             When I finished the project, it worked pretty well. There was a drawing of someone holding a phone as part of the template. On the top of the phone was an image, and if it was not Buddy,  the word locked would appear on the phone. If the image was Buddy, the word granted would appear on the screen. And when clicked, a button next to the phone would change the image on the screen to another picture. I think the program was brilliant, especially the template. The phone looked so real! And yet, when I really looked at it, it wasn't too hard to draw. Amazing! I can't wait to see what my next project is.



And this is my project! The screen, some of the code blocks.



































No comments:

Post a Comment